The Black Company Forum Index The Black Company

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SK questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Black Company Forum Index -> Suicide Kings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joehunk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: SK questions Reply with quote

I am posting an email I received because it had some general SK questions that I thought I should make public:
Quote:
Hi there. I am on an SK list with an allied guild and my guild is looking to break away from them soon. Is it possible to be on two separate SK lists at the same time? Also, they had me type in a channel name and such when I first joined. Can I set up something like that for my Guild? If so, how would I do so? Thank you for your time and any help you can give me.

[edit by Trurl]: Removed personal information.
Joehunk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is it possible to be on two separate SK lists at the same time?

If I understand that question correctly, then yes. The default setting of the mod is to put you in 2 lists, one called "Raid" for cross-class items, and one called whatever your class is for class-specific items. That's 9 lists in total, Raid plus one for each of the 8 classes (I guess that will be 10 total in the expansion).

You can also create any list named anything you want and put anyone into it, by un-checking "auto-list mode" in the options. Very often, people will use separate lists for separate instances or for different kinds of loot.

Quote:
Also, they had me type in a channel name and such when I first joined. Can I set up something like that for my Guild? If so, how would I do so?

Please see the manual and FAQ on this board for details on how synching works. In fact if you're going to be starting to administer an SK system for the first time, you should do this anyway. The short answer is that you simply check "use custom channel" in the options dialog and type in a channel name. Anyone else who does the same and types in the same channel name will synch to whoever is the master automatically. You become master by typing /sk master.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Black Company Forum Index -> Suicide Kings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: