The Black Company Forum Index The Black Company

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

On/Off switch to have SK be silent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Black Company Forum Index -> Suicide Kings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Munazz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: On/Off switch to have SK be silent Reply with quote

Our guild uses two loot systems. Not my decision, I am just trying to write the mod to assist.

We use your SK List mod for the 20-man raids and love it. When doing 40-mans we have switched over to a full DKP system. I am developing a DKP Bidding mod that allows players to bid using whispers very much like the SK List mod. However, I have have both mods running, SK List keeps sending tells to players and to me as the bid host.

If I remember correctly, it would spam me when I recieved a bid whisper and would spam the player if I recieved a retract whisper. This is all with the 2.x client, I haven't run a raid with the 3.x client.
Joehunk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the mod does not do anything unless you've opened bidding with SK, otherwise it just ignores the whisper. Just don't open bidding with SK at the same time you open bidding with your DKP mod, and you should be golden.

Now, I shall proselytize. There are a lot of guilds that do what you describe (use SK for 20 mans and DKP for 40 mans). My only guess is they do that either a) out of fear of new things (not wanting to use the avant garde loot system in the "real" raids) or b) because when SK first came out, a lot of people did that (ran it in 20 mans only) to try it out, and I guess people got the idea that was how you were supposed to use it. Of course, a lot of those original guilds now use SK for everything and like it...
Trurl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if he is adding alt-click to open bidding on his DKP mod, then SK is going to get in the way. A work around would be to log out and disable the SK mod when you want to use the DKP mod, and vice versa. But it would be nice to at least have a slash command to enable and disable the SK mod.
Joehunk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping that he didn't use the same key to open bidding for both mods. Anyway since it looks like you use different mods for different instances, disabling the one you're not using on logging in sounds like the right solution if you want to use Alt-left-click for both.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Black Company Forum Index -> Suicide Kings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: