The Black Company Forum Index The Black Company

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"bid" command ignored ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Black Company Forum Index -> Suicide Kings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Feasir

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject: "bid" command ignored ? Reply with quote

Hi,

We're using the SK system and your mod for some weeks now (great job, /clap !), but we encountered a weird bug yesterday. It was the first time we were using the new 3.04 version.

=> Everything works fine, except for 1 person who cannot bid. She whispered me "bid" many times but the mod just ignored her. I tell her to retract and then bid again, without success. Shocked
The only thing I noticed was that she bid simultaneously with another guy (whose bid was accepted by the mod).

Did someone encountered such thing ?

Thanks !
Joehunk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simultanaeity should not matter, since there is no such thing as truly "simultaneous" in a UI mod. There is just one right after the other. Is it possible the bidder in question had intoxication in effect when she bid? One thing I have never bothered doing is adding intoxication filters to the whisper commands. Did she get any response when she whispered "bid"? Like perhaps "you are not on the list?"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1/ What's intoxication ? Like when you're drunk and say "bidch... hips" instead of "bid" ?
No, she wasn't, and this bug occurs on all loot this evening (including next boss half an hour later).

2/ No, she didn't get any answer to her "bid" whispers. Nothing happened.
I checked both lists but she was referenced and active (white highlight).

I think I will try to remove her from the list and then add her again tonight. Confused

[...]

Wow, I just checked the lua file and discovered weird things :
- Janedoe is a rogue (and in the rogue class list), but she is referenced as WARRIOR in the raid list (same for me, I'm a hunter referenced as a Paladin in the raid list) ??
- Besides, with the french client, half of my crew is referenced as "WARRIOR "and the other half as "Guerrier" (and the same for each class).
- Finally, some who were there yesterday have a frozen value to "1", and some other to "0" ? (that's perhaps because they leave the raid before me ?)

Could it be a localization problem between 2.11b (previous version we used) and 3.04 ?

Thanks for your help Wink
Joehunk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you email me your save file? I suspect this is a localization issue; I should have asked if you had anyone with a non-English client. I did make a change with class name localization in 3.00 to try an fix an existing bug that was preventing the class-colorization from working with non-English clients, and I may have introduced a bug with save files from pre-3.00.
Feasir

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mail is on is way ! Smile
Joehunk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, what is the name of the person that could not bid? Is that Janedoe?
Feasir

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Janedoe was the only one that cannot bid (among those who tried).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any hint ?

(stealth up Wink )
Joehunk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I got busy this weekend and did not have a chance to look into it. I hope to have something this week.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I removed Janedoe from the raid list and add her again. Then I checked the lua file : she is now referenced as Rogue, and allowed to bid. Smile
I think this confirm the localization problem w/ FR client.

-Fasr-
Joehunk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I think the problem is I fixed the localization of class names in 3.02, and that busted compatibility with old lists that were made before the localization was fixed. I will look into adding some code into SK that will look for localized class names in the list and fix them up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Black Company Forum Index -> Suicide Kings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: