The Black Company Forum Index The Black Company

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lots of Spam on SK channel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Black Company Forum Index -> Suicide Kings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Lots of Spam on SK channel Reply with quote

My guild is having a lot of complaints about getting a lot of spam in the channel we have chosen for SK. Is there a way not to get spam and also get synced up?

Also, alot of people are having trouble getting synced even though their options are set up just like mine is anyone else having this problem? I don't know what to do but it's getting out of hand.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the people in question using the bug workaround I suggested in this thread:
http://www.blackcompanywow.com/viewtopic.php?t=474

Note that as I said in that thread, the workaround has the problem that it will cause you to see all the spam from the chat channel.

Past that, all I can think is that the people in question are joined to the SK sync channel, but the SK mod is not configured to have that channel as the synch channel. That would cause both of the problems you are seeing: spam from the channel, and not receiving the synch. All I can say is double check they have "Use custom chat channel" checked, and their chat channel name is typed in EXACTLY as yours is.

The best way to verify that is to follow this exact procedure:
  1. Go into SK options, and check off "Use Custom Chat Channel". Exit the options dialog.
  2. Manually /leave the channel that is giving you all the unwanted spam.
  3. Do a /chatlist and make double sure you are not joined to any channels that you shouldnt be (such as old SK synch channels)
  4. Go back into SK options, check on "Use Custom Chat Channel", and type in the chat channel name exactly.
  5. Exit the options dialog.
  6. Do a /chatlist again, and make sure you are joined to the channel you typed in the step above.

If it is still not working, please email me screen shots of:
  • The options dialog from step 3 just prior to exiting.
  • The output of /chatlist in step 5
  • If you are still getting spammed, a screen shot of the spam
Joehunk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ That was me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Black Company Forum Index -> Suicide Kings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: