The Black Company Forum Index The Black Company

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aliases

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Black Company Forum Index -> Suicide Kings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lokoki

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Aliases Reply with quote

One of the biggest features I would like to see added to Suicide Kings is the ability to use multiple names for the same player. We use the mod specifically for ZG and AQ20. Those raids consist of mostly alts, but occasionally, guild members will bring their mains. We have one entry per player, not character. So whether a player uses his main or his alt, he's using the same spot in the SK list. The problem is, SK only recognizes one name. What would be nice is if SK could recognize multiple names to be the same player. The bidding process would be much smoother and it would be MUCH easier on the raid leader, not having to keep track of who's on a main and who's on an alt.
Joehunk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is already the following open feature request:
Quote:
Feature:
Extend the bidding system to support alts. For instance, someone may be on the raid as an alt, but wants to bid using the list position of their main. Currently, the person may only bid against the position of the toon they are currently playing.

Is this the sort of thing you are talking about? Note that Nurgh's concern about the class specific lists still applies -- I had intended to implement this feature for use with non-class-specific lists.

In this case, say a person's alt is named Foo, and their main is named Bar. They are on with Foo, but when they bid on an item, they can say:
/t Lootmaster bid Bar

The problem with this is it's not secure, since you just have to trust (or know) that they are not using some random person's name. To actually have SK configurable to recognize each person in your guild as a variety of names is a very involved feature and one that's not likely to make it on my schedule any time soon (of course that does not preclude someone else from doing it!)
Joehunk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nurgh I moved your development-related post and my reply to the SK development forum.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I didn't know about that feature, regarding the bidding. That is nice and will help clean some things up. But it still leaves the overhead of a raidleader keeping track of who is bringing their alts, so they get attendance credit on suicides. I'm not complaining though. It's a great mod. It's just a wish of mine. Wink

My guild doesn't use any class lists. We only use a general list. We're a Naxx guild that does ZG and AQ20 on the side, so we really don't have a need for the class lists.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Black Company Forum Index -> Suicide Kings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: