The Black Company Forum Index The Black Company

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3.01 Bug: Loot bag alt-click

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Black Company Forum Index -> Suicide Kings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and thanks for this great mod., and have been using it for many months now.

I have dowloaded the 3.1 version to have a test with. Usually I test it before going into the instance to make sure the list updates fine - which it does. Now I created a raid group in Org to try the system. Everything seems to work fine except that Alt_clicking seems not bring up the Open bidding.

People Whispering Suicide works ok, but the Alt-Click on loot (in bags, from Loot Link or a dead Boar out the front of Org) seems to have no reaction at all.

I am using it the normal way I have for months.

/sk master
Select the raid list
Make the Button Read Active
/sk noroll
Kill a mob and then Alt-click
=no love Sad

Any advice at all?

Many thanks
Joehunk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but the Alt-Click on loot (in bags, from Loot Link or a dead Boar out the front of Org) seems to have no reaction at all.

I noticed this issue as well. It appears to be yet another bug caused by UI changes in the patch.

However, Alt-left-clicking on loot links in the chat window DOES still work, so the workaround is to link the loot in the chat window, then Alt-left-click on that. I hope to have a bug fix in the next couple days. Splitting this bug report into its own thread.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for the reply and for the way around it.

Will be getting a good use again tonight in ZG, I'll be sure to pass on any feedback afterward.
Doc

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: TY Reply with quote

Thanks Joe I will try that. If I get that error message again at some point Ill take a screen shot of it for you. Thanks for your prompt reply!
Joehunk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty sure I know what is causing the message. The big change in 2.0 that caused stuff like Decusrive to break is that a whole slew of functions are marked "protected" and can only be called by Blizzard. The way I intercept stuff like clicking on loot windows has a danger of triggering that error. Turns out there is a new way to intercept stuff like that in 2.0 that won't cause those errors, which will be in the next version I post.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ran ZG tonight with it. Most of the functions worked well and using the ALT-Click from in-chat links worked mostly.

One issue I got periodically was Alt-clicking D/Cing me on the click. I would then log back in and then reset up SK and it worked fine for that loot set.

Probably got D/C'd about 4-5 times over the run from the Alt-Click.

Hope this helps in some way.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing was happing that I am sure are not linked with SK, but I thought I'd write it down anyways. Running as Master Looter didn't work at all. When clicking on the sparklies the drop-down menu to assign the loot was all grey and could not be used.
Joehunk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that may or may not be related. If it is related, the fix I am releasing this weekend should address it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the web interface need to be upgraded as well? I am getting wierd lists when uploading to website. In game the client has the correct lists.
Joehunk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's another thread on that already. Please keep in mind that the web inteface is maintined by someone notaffiliated directly with me or this site. Probaby the best way to get info on the web itnterface is to post on their curse-gaming page, linked in the faq.

http://www.blackcompanywow.com/viewtopic.php?t=479
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Black Company Forum Index -> Suicide Kings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: