The Black Company Forum Index The Black Company

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SK Spam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Black Company Forum Index -> Suicide Kings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: SK Spam Reply with quote

heya, super mod. Been using it for sometime, glad to see its undergoing a redevelopment cycle. /cheer

Just a few things on how we use this mod,

boss dies. link loot in /ra

link 1st piece of "hybrid" loot in /ra. (( hybrid as in not class bound. ))

spam lists.

/sk spam 1 10
etc

the people required use the /ra to suicide, rather than whisper to keep it all in the open, were a friendly bunch with no real priorities for "hybrid" items.

i know it might seem lazy, but doing the spam commands 2-6 times per boss loot, gets kind of stressful, so i were wondering, if there is anyway to have an auto spam button, that would spam 10 at a time (( or configurable to X number)), and spam the first 10 on the first press of the spam button, then the next 10 with the next press of spam. rather than myself having to look up the number each time i spam.

So in 4 presses of the spam button i would have spammed the entire raid, without me looking up the individual numbers of the X+1 from the previous spam doing it manually.

Or even having a button array like [1] [2] [3] [4] each doing 10 active members from the raid
[1] does /sk spam (1st active) (10 active from that person)
[2] does /sk spam (11th active) (10 active from that person)
[3] does /sk spam (21st active) (10 active from that person)
[4] does /sk spam (31st active) (10 active from that position)

thanks for the mod and any help is appreciated. and if not good luck with the dev-cycle.

P.S.
Glad to see the sync to a specific person finds it way back too Smile
Joehunk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you familiar with the built-in bidding system? See the SK manual sticky post for information. It's a way to take care of who wants items pretty much automatically and cuts down on the need to use /sk spam.
Clia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for taking the time to read that.

but the bidding system as it is, isnt the way we intend to use it.

but as i said, it just was a timesaver.

thanks.
Joehunk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But, the people doing the bidding don't need the mod. They just need to whisper bid to someone who does. If you can spam the list, that means you have the mod, and that means you can accept bids. I mean SOMEONE has to not be opposed to running the mod right? Or am I totally off base and you are running the SK system without the mod at all?

I am not seeing what you need that the bid system doesn't provide. Can you please be more detailed? What does the bid system do that you don't like, specifically? What does the bid system not do that you need, specifically?

The bid system, to my mind, is one of the big wins of the SK mod. If I can change it such that it fits more people's needs, I would like to.[/code]
Joehunk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
All the bids are whispers. Your only feedback is at the end...

Not entirely true. Bids are whispers, but high bidders are announced in raid chat as the bid happens. Would it help to have every bidder, even ones not the current high bid, announced in raid chat, as a configurable option?

Quote:
If you can't see the bids - and can't see the rest of the of the list - it gets more difficult to make these decisions

Not in my experience. Of course it helped that most of the people in our guild ran the mod, so we could have discussions in the open based on everyone knowing the position of everyone else. What I cannot wrap my mind around is that people would rather see 40 names spammed to their raid chat for every drop than run an extra UI mod. Anyways I am back to, would it help if every bid were announced on raid chat?

Quote:
People make jokes. A warlock saying "bid" on an item which is not technically class restricted, but is plate. We laugh... but if he doesn't remember to retract the bid, an automated system will choke

We had this problem too, which led to the currently-open feature requests (displayed in the feature request sticky on this forum) to allow the loot master to cancel a bid with /sk cancel, and to later on have a full UI to display current bids to the loot master, so he can see who is the joker and remove them. Would these features, if implemented, solve this problem?

Quote:
Marco likes, for speed, to put several items up at once. Everyone bids, saying which item they want - highest bid wins its item and is suicided

Hm, that just sounds confusing to me. Using the built in bid system we averaged 5-30 seconds per item which was pretty darn good, and I don't think we could have done much better my parallelizing. I would bet that if we can solve whatever other issues are keeping you from using the built in system, that this issue would become moot. I would be very surprised if Marco could do bids in parallel faster than the automated system can do in series. And if he can, what do you need me for Smile
Joehunk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, don't wait just because something is on the feature requests sticky. If I say a feature is "accepted," that means "I want this feature to be in SK," not necessarily "I have time to put this feature in SK!" The best way to get a feature you want in there is to code it yourself, following the guildelines in the SK development forum, and send it to me.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Gui list of everyone who has bidded(in order), allowing the master to cancle bids would be, very very useful
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Black Company Forum Index -> Suicide Kings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: