The Black Company Forum Index The Black Company

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suicide Kings Copyright

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Black Company Forum Index -> Suicide Kings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joehunk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Suicide Kings Copyright Reply with quote

I just had a talk with Jhaeldril from DoZ where he mentioned one of their members has created a pretty involved variant of the SK system that is sort of to SK like fixed price zero sum DKP is to spend-all DKP. He apparently is looking at putting up on curse-gaming, which made me realize I had never published any sort of copyright notice for the SK UI mod. So here it is:

All code for the Suicide Kings UI mod is Copyright (C) 2005, 2006 by Charles Eugene Crain II (aka Joehunk), all rights reserved. You may freely distribute this code in its original unaltered form. You may alter the code for personal use only. You may not distribute altered versions or derivative works based on this code without the express written permission of Charles Eugene Crain II.

I have already granted Jhael permission to distribute this particular version if the name includes the words "Suicide Kings" and credits the original creators. If anyone else is interested in distributing derivative works based on SK, please post here.
Joehunk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is for your guild only, as long as you distribute it by a method that is private (like a forum accessible only to guild members), then you have my permission. Just make sure you don't erase any credit to the original author (me).

If you *do* want to distribute this guy publicly, I would rather you sent me the changes and have me incorporate them into the mainline, then distribute your version in private until I get around to it.

Actually if you don't mind, I'd like to look at the changes anyway; they sound like something I could incorporate. It would be great if in your changes you follow the guildelines here, since it makes incorporating a ton easier:
http://www.blackcompanywow.com/viewtopic.php?t=216
Joehunk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I moved your more detailed posts into a new thread in SK Development. Let's continue the discussion there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Black Company Forum Index -> Suicide Kings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: