The Black Company Forum Index The Black Company

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SK works finde, except... Translation?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Black Company Forum Index -> Suicide Kings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dr_martini

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:44 am    Post subject: SK works finde, except... Translation? Reply with quote

Hi,

we are a german guild using the SK System for a couple of times now for our raids. We are all very satisfied, that the trouble about loot vanished.

But there are one or two things I want to announce: due to many of our players are not so good in english language, we did not yet introduce the automated bidding-system because of its english dialogues. Everyone who has need on an item whispers the list-master "need" and he checks the list, who is first. Now, after a couple of raids, the list becomes a little confused. There we miss the "hide offline players"-button.

The other - and better - idea is, to translate the whole auto-bid dialogue into german. I am able to provide you the whole translated thing so you would only have to copy and paste. Do you think that's possible?

best regards,

fabian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:41 am    Post subject: Re: SK works finde, except... Translation? Reply with quote

dr_martini wrote:
Now, after a couple of raids, the list becomes a little confused. There we miss the "hide offline players"-button.

+1, that would be great ! Smile

-Feasir-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With this "hide" button, it would be great if positions displayed were relative positions, not absolute ones (I think about these messages "<1> is the new high bidder at position <2>" and "Your position is ...").
e.g. :
The list is :
1-JohnDoe (missing)
2-JaneDoe
3-MisterX (missing)
4-MissNotHere (missing)
5-MickeyMouse

With the "hide" button, list should be :
1-JaneDoe
2-MickeyMouse (bid)
and message would be : "MickeyMouse is the new high bidder at position 2", and not "at position 5".
The same with the "suicide" command : "JaneDoe, your position is 1" (instead of "2")

-Fasr-
Joehunk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hide-players thing sounds like a great feature. I will add it to the feature request sticky.

As far as German translation, I rely on volunteers to do all my translations. Both the French and German translations have fallen very behind. If you would like to help out, it's pretty easy. In fact, let me make a sticky post about this...here:
http://www.blackcompanywow.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2931

Last edited by Joehunk on Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
dr_martini

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I will do the german translation within the next days.

One more question: for the automated bidding-system the words "bid" and "retract" - do they need to be kept? I mean, does the addon only understand these english words? Or can they also be translated?

best regards,

fabian
Joehunk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That'll be a little more of a pain, because those are hard coded strings, and I have not pulled them out into localization.lua. If you have some programming experience, you could maybe try it yourself, or else I will do it on the next release.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Black Company Forum Index -> Suicide Kings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: