The Black Company Forum Index The Black Company

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Auto-saving the SK lists

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Black Company Forum Index -> Suicide Kings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Holymonkey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Auto-saving the SK lists Reply with quote

I've been using the SK system for a few months now, I'm the lootmaster for my guild and everything is peachy except when my computer locks up mid-raid (Which happens often). When I lock up, my data from the raid is lost and reverts to what it was when I logged in that afternoon, like I didn't save my progress while writing a report or somesuch circumstance. Luckily my fellow raiders often have the correct list, they take /sk master, sync to me and I return to Master Looting. I was just inquiring as to if you knew, or have made efforts to fix this bug.

Thanks again for this superlative loot system. If you do think you can fix this, very good luck to you!
Joehunk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way to trigger a programmatic save of an individual mod's data. Any mod would suffer this same limitation, it's jost that not as many mods store such sensitive data that changes so often (most are just options which you usually don't mind if you have to reconfigure).

There are a couple things I advise:
1. Have as many people as possible run the mod, and use the synching feature. The odds of many people crashing is a lot lower than one person. Note that if you are forcibly disconnected from the server, such as due to a server crash or restart, the data is NOT lost. It is only lost if your client crashes.

2. Make backups. Back up the lists at least every day.

3. You can always type "/console reloadui" That will reload ALL of your mods, and also save the data for them. It will cause your UI to freeze for about 20 seconds though, so mid-battle is not recommended.
Holymonkey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a bunch, I'll use the /console reloadui method, I never thought of that. Very Happy And yes, we do have about half the 40man raids running the mod, including all the guild officers.

Thanks again for the tips.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holymonkey wrote:
Thanks a bunch, I'll use the /console reloadui method, I never thought of that. Very Happy And yes, we do have about half the 40man raids running the mod, including all the guild officers.

Thanks again for the tips.

reloadui after distributing loot from each boss, 20-60 seconds is no biggie when you've just finished a boss fight and the loot distribution. If you end up crashing out during a raid, you're more likely to crash when you aren't distributing loot (statistically speaking). Its happened to me before, manually suiciding a few rep loot people beats 4 hours of boss lootings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Black Company Forum Index -> Suicide Kings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: