The Black Company Forum Index The Black Company

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coming Soon: SK 3.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Black Company Forum Index -> Suicide Kings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joehunk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Coming Soon: SK 3.0 Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

I am planning to release a beta of SK 3.0, which is designed to work with the new upcoming 2.0 patch and Burning Crusade. It will only work on the PTRs or in the expansion beta for now. I am also implementing a couple of the more critical feature requests, mainly having to do with synching between different raid groups.

If possible, I'd like people on the PTRs or who have beta keys (which I do not) to do some testing for me. If all goes well I will have it up in the next couple days.
Joehunk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

/bump

Anyone out there in BC beta or on the PTRs that wants to do testing? I hit a snag due to the way the new UI mod system works that is going to make "custom chat channel" synchronization hard to implement. Still working on this.
Mormegil

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up to test the beta 3.0, just give me a link to the files.
Joehunk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be a day or 2, I am still trying to iron out the chat window issue. It's bugging on the PTRs, byt Slouken claims the bug "will be fixed in release 2.0".
Trillium

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be glad to test it out for you on PTR. I'm assuming this means that SK will not work in it's current form? I was going to test it tonight as it's one of our more crucial mods. Wink
Joehunk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every single last mod is broken by the new patch. There is literally no mod that works in 1.12 that will work in 2.0. Sometimes the porting effort is pretty minimal (it was with SK), but some times it's more major. I should have a beta of SK 3.0 up today or tomorrow.
Myrddraall

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a beta key and am willing to test for you
Joehunk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well actually with the patch coming out Tues this is not as much of a concern. I've done some pretty good testing on the PTRs, and I plan to release 3.0 beta this weekend. There is one lingering issue with hooking chat frame causing random "protected function" errors, but Slouken (blue) claims that is a bug in the WoW base UI which will be fixed in 2.0. It worries me that it was not fixed on the PTRs on Tues though. But I think they pushed a new PTR update yesterday that I need to check.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Black Company Forum Index -> Suicide Kings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: